Custom Inlay Pearloid or plexiglass
Have you made a design for your fretboard or headstock inlay for your guitar that is just too sick, slick, sexy or cool and it needs to be produced in the exact detail? We can do this for you on our CNC or Laser. It doesn't get more accurate than that.
We can produce inlays from celluloid and plexiglass in the colors shown hereunder, but we also offer options for illuminay , alluminum or wood. Chek the custom inlays category.
We do need your file with the design in a vector (or raster) setting in the exact scale. You can do this yourself with the step-by-step provided, or we can do this for you with some additional costs. in the latter, please check the box for professionalize file.
Please selcet the size for the inlay that fits your design. If you want to have multiple inlays produced, you can select a larger size and duplicate the design in your file to match.
If you have other wishes than the options offered? For example an inlay composed of different colors or materials? Please send a message to email@example.com with your wishes. We are happy to discuss the possibilities and will make you a fitting quote. Once the design and payment is completed, we will produce your custom inlay.
Please keep in mind that custom work takes longer, takle 5 working days to shipment in account. Custom items cannot be returned unless there is a production error.
The file should be set in a so called Vector or Raster format. The Fonts should be converted to outlines. The files can be uploaded as a Adobe .ai file or .pdf file.
A Vector file is a file that consists out of lines in stead of an image (photo), this file can be read into a CNC, Printer of Laser device after alteration.
How to make a suitable file:
1. Open the template with Adobe Illustrator or if you don’t have Illustrator, try out Inkscape, which is an free alternative. Inkscape can be downloaded here: https://inkscape.org
2. Load you logo into the file and add text in your desired font.
3. Convert the fonts to outlines. Important: after converting fonts to outlines, you can no longer edit the text, save a separate file with the font outlines.
- Illustrator: CTRL+A (Select all) --> Type --> Create Outlines
- Inkscape: CTRL+A (Select all) --> Path --> Object to Path
4. Save the file as .ai or as .pdf
Do you want us to take care of the file?
Are you unable to convert the file, or simply prefer us to turn your design into a professional file? No problem, for a small additional fee, we can take care of this. You will receive the professional file through email which you can use later on for other projects as well. Please check the box with your order.
Good to know!
At Guitar Goods we do our very best to make things as easy and fun as possible, for example: